Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day #7 Fasting the body, Feeding the spirit

When looking back over the weekend and my final day of the fasting experience, I am left in complete and utter wonder. Nothing can replace what I just went through and NOBODY can break the faith I have in the body to heal by a natural means. Even still, I believe I have only scratched the surface of what we human beings are capable of when we are connected to source. 

On Friday, Day #7, I woke up early, meditated, and did my best to prepare for what would be my last 16 hours without food. It took everything I had to make it through the day but by the end it was all worth it. That night I was able to present my experience amongst my peers at "Step Into The Future." This speech is the culmination of the entire 7 day fast experience.

I am beyond thankful for all of the people in my life that supported me throughout the process. I'm especially thankful for my fiance' Kate. Not once did she ever tell me to quit, even if at moments she was terrified inside. When I asked her to perform with me, she stepped up without a hesitation. If anyone has proven to be an inspiration during this time, it's her.

Some Results: 
  • Lowest Blood Glucose: 56
  • Average Blood Glucose: 68
  • Start Weight: 210lbs.
  • End Weight: 188lbs. (loss of 22)
  • Bowel Movements: (2) Day 4 and (2) Day 7 
  • Urine Samples: Are being kept for 2 weeks to note changes in sedimentation, color, and clarity
  • Pictures:  Days 1-6
Day 1
Day 2

 Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

Some updates from old posts:
*The rash on my back around the area of my kidneys has started to subside. 
 ** On day 5, I mentioned that I had one of the most terrifying events of my life... That morning, I woke up blind in left eye. The previous night I had fallen asleep shivering in a hypoglycemic state. Upon waking early that morning I noticed that my field of view was odd. I closed my left eye and everything appeared ok. I closed my right eye and there was total darkness. Insert, "Holy Shit", here. Had I gone too far? Should I rush downstairs and drink some juice? No, I decided to trust that everything was going to be ok. And, so far, it is. The nyctalopia (night blindness) I experienced in my left eye on the morning of day 5, lasted 20 minutes and has not re-occurred since then.

Conclusion:
After 2 days of re-introducing food into my diet, I feel absolutely amazing. My energy was almost simultaneously restored after eating my first stewed tomato. Who would of known you could get so much energy from a tomato?!? My entire food paradigm has shifted. I already ate "clean", but this experience has completely blown the doors off at the way I look at food. 

What have I learned? I love life and want to live the most out of my own while inspiring others to do the same. I want love to emanate from my entire being! I know it's my personal legend to continually pour everything I got to push my limits and awaken all of those that surround me to live at their god given potential. 

In love, health, and LIFE, Brett J.

No comments:

Post a Comment