Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day # 5 Fasting the Body, Feeding the spirit

Last night I went to bed shivering and cold. My body was unable to regulate heat. Kate did the very best she could to keep me warm by snuggling up next to me. She has been amazing throughout this whole experience and words can't describe how thankful I am to have her in my life. Whatever she did worked because this is the first night during the fast that I have had restful sleep. I went to bed at 11pm and did not wake up until 6am. However, what I discovered upon waking up has been one of the most terrifying moments of my life...

For the purpose of not not freaking out anyone else about my safety, at this moment I will withhold what happen until after the fast. If you are keen on intuit, this picture is a representation.
Following the take over of fear, I found myself repeating, "It's all going to be ok. I'm ok. I'm going to be ok." I have learned that where the mind goes, the body will follow. I had to think positive...

As I entered the school day I had a new awareness of my lower energy state. I began to realize my  limitations. I was mindful of each and every step I took, always making sure to not exceed my threshold. My whole demeanor has switched. I am in total conservation mode. I speak different, I sound different, I have surrendered to the source within. 

Time spent in the classroom was a much improved experience compared to yesterday. I was better able to focus and withstand the daily grind. The true test was going to be in clinic. I only needed to see 2 people, but would these people receive the very best I had to offer? Answer, one yes, the other... maybe. It was my momentary best, but the thought of an adjustment being possibly below the standard I hold for myself kills me inside....

On a positive note, what I did learn from this experience was that I am capable of serving to some capacity in even the most dire of circumstances. Even when food is withheld for over 100 hours, you can count on me to show up and give all I got when the opportunity presents itself. I would jump in front of a bullet for the love of my life and I would lay down my own for the greater good of humanity. I would sacrifice... myself.

Following the expenditure of energy from adjusting, I re-entered the hypoglycemic state. Body shake. Light headed. Nerves Rumbling and Jumbling. It's time to go home.

Upon leaving I ran into a fellow student who offered to check me. I'm so grateful for the healers that surround me. While working on me, she noticed that my kidney's, adrenals and liver were putting off some "interesting" tones....

It's 6:35pm. I have intense kidney pain. Go figure, Ha.

Within a couple minutes it all subsided. I'm home now and looking to call it an early night. I'm closer to the end than the beginning and that's a relieving thought. Must keep on keepin' on.

In love and sacrifice, Brett J.

No comments:

Post a Comment