Monday, November 12, 2012

Day #3 Fasting the body, Feeding the spirit

It's 4:30am. I was woken up this morning with a full bladder and a dry mouth. My morning urination was somewhat painful and it felt as if I had to really focus on my core and squeeze to excrete the urine. I found it odd because I really had to pee... And I peed alot. Another first time feeling.

My mouth is dry and lips are starting to crack. There is also a tiny ulcer on the inside of my bottom right lip (I rarely get mouth ulcers unless I accidentally bit myself). My headache has also started to increase.

A drink of water has never tasted so good.

The day at school so far has been a series of ups and downs. I've been handling my business as usual but have definitely felt energy lacking at times. And then, at other times,  I have been running around like a maniac and doing foundation exercises and push-ups in class.

Whacked out crazy energy -> No energy. Acting silly --> Being calm and collected. Highs and lows without a doubt.

My adjusting in the health center has not seemed to suffer and I'm relieved that I'm still able to serve my tribe members w/ pure focus and speed. My palpation and detection of subluxation was on point. As soon as I laid my hands down, I was 100% focused no matter what my energy levels were. Each adjustment built on the last and I feel like I have learned more about my adjusting style than ever before.

I weighed myself today. Sorry, but I'm going to have to keep you waiting for results until the end of my fast. While writing this my stomache just started making the craziest sounds!! Sounds like a high pitched toy helicopter in there. Weird....

I finally made it home after a long day at school and clinic. So grateful for the "work" I get to do and life I am able to live.


My big realization of day #3 is...
I'm not attempting to get clearer on what I want to do, I'm becoming clearer on what I was made to do. 

In happiness, Brett J.

No comments:

Post a Comment