Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day #2 Fasting the body, Feeding the spirit

After falling asleep a little past midnight, I was woken up this morning with vivid dreams and vicious visions of my entire fast process. Illuminations of how it may end, the suffering, the reward, etc... More on that shall be discussed at a later date.

It's 6am and I have energy. I began to send emails and handle some business. Then I began to read... As I was reading I began to think, "why the hell am I inside reading when I could be outside breathing in some fresh air soaking up the California sunshine?" So... I went outside. Haha


While walking and reading at the park, a dog caught the corner of my eye. This dog was playing with other dogs and I thought nothing of it at the time. Later on, however, the other dogs left and the dog that originally caught my eye was still hanging around. Next, the dog (which has now earned the name "Mini-Lassie") came up to me and started chilling by my side. For a moment I felt like Ace Ventura when he was able to attract all of the animal kingdom.



But, what was it about me that attracted this animal to me? I had just been in the park minding my own business... As I surveyed the surroundings looking for an owner I found none. I continued to monitor the dog for the next hour and still no owner at sight. Mini-Lassie had no collar, was friendly, happy,  and looked healthy.


Rather than leave the dog and risk the danger of it being hit by a car, Mini-Lassie let me pick him up and we started going door to door looking for the rightful owners. No luck. A drive to the local coffee shop and around the neighborhood also left us with no clues or signs of "missing dog" signs to help lead us to his parents.


I've never found a lost dog before. Kind of odd that it happened day 2 of my first ever 7-day water fast. Preparing food for a stray dog while my very own stomach was beckoning for nourishment was a truly insightful and humbling experience. How many people would go hungry before a stray dog?? Hmmm... This fasting thing is getting interesting.


It's 1:30pm. I'm tired. 


It's 3:45pm. I took close to a 2 hour nap and was awakened by a foul taste in my mouth. I just made the first realization to why we have "hungry breath."The tongue can act as our "Magic Mirror" to what is going on in the intestinal tube.

A few days of fasting will coat the tongue with a thick, white, rancid, toxic material that has a terrible odor. This heavy coating of toxic material  can be scraped off and examined. In fast, you can scrape the tongue clean, but, in a few hours, the heavy toxic coating will return. It is an accurate indication of the amount of putrifying toxic filth, mucous, and many other poisons  accumulated in the cells of your entire body, which is now being eliminated from the inside surface of the stomach, intestines. and from all parts and organs of the body." -Patricia Bragg the miracle of FASTING
Before I rose out of bed from my nap I noticed an increase in my body temperature accompanied by a mild body shiver and moist skin. I also was experiencing a slight headache. I believe the purging has begun. I'm interested to see what my urine sample will look like at this point. I have a feeling my kidneys are filtering out some shit. At what level/degree I do not know yet.

While I was sleeping, my roommates took the dog to the vet. He was chipped and they were able to get a hold of the owners shortly. Not sure why Mini Lassie came into my life for a brief moment in time, but I'm sure glad he did. I'm going to miss that little guy.



In the evening I helped another one of my roommates build a desk. During that time there was a moment where I started to get nauseous and felt my mental clarity get sluggish. I took a quick 2-minute break from activity and upon return was able to finish the job.


I have also now decided to record my blood sugar during this process. I will begin to take two readings of my blood sugar (morning and evening), a morning urine sample, nightly photos, and of course journal my experience here on this blog. I have become quite the scientific social experiment :)



Tomorrow is a full day in school and clinic. It's time to "Keep the faith, turn the crank, and testify!"


48 hours down, Brett J.




2 comments: