Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shut Up & Love

If you've ever been in a relationship, maybe you have heard this said before, "I just need you to love me!" And, maybe I was being liberal with the maybe.... You most DEFINITELY have heard this said before ;)

"But what does that even mean" was the question I often retorted. "I mean, I'm here right? Isn't that enough??" [Insert significant other looking at me like an idiot here]

So, maybe I was missing something.... I used to think I was displaying my love by the things I did or said. I thought that if I could buy something, say something, or do something, my grand offering of love was complete. Superficial love has value, doesn't it??? Hahahaha.
C'mon man....
Now don't get me wrong, I had experienced those "deep feelings" of love (tummy butterflies, fluttering heart, and pure joy) but I never thought that my significant other would notice if those feelings of love were absent.... I mean that's crazy talk right?!?

Actually, NO, that's not crazy. According to cutting edge research being performed by the Institute of HeartMath, the human heartbeat actually generates a measurable electromagentic field. This electromagnetic field has been scientifically studied and proven to have an effect on surrounding electromagnetic fields of other organic structures/substances. Guess what modulates our heart's electromagnetic field? Feelings of EMOTION. Different emotions make changes not only on our physiology but our electromagnetic field!!
‎
Hence, your significant other CAN feel your love and/or NOT feel your love. The "I love you's" won't mean a thing if you have "lost that lovely feeling" (shameless Righteous Brothers plug). This love thing is much bigger than what we do, think, or say. Do yourself a favor, and Shut Up and Love.

With "deep" love,
The Future Dr. J


No comments:

Post a Comment